Sunday, March 29, 2015

Ahhhh - Staycation...

The view from my hike at Crown Hill - Bellissimo!

It was just what the doctor ordered. I took some much needed time off to recharge, refresh and renew my outlook and it was a slice of heaven, not just because I needed time off, but because I love Denver where I live and because a stay-cation does not come with all the added stress of travel, packing, unpacking, pre-planning what and where to eat that can accommodate my food intolerances and then taking time to regroup to go back to work once vacation is over. I feel like I can breath again (Ahhhhhh!) and I hope that feeling lasts long beyond my time off. I took the time to spend outside enjoying our great weather, took a hike in nature (a photo of my hike at Crown Hill) and did some creative writing and drawing. I even wrapped up my Anatomy course and started a new class, but with little pressure on myself to push forward like I usually do. I ate some things that were a little bit naughty, but without any guilt and I sat in a few coffee shops for as long as I wanted to. I took my dog on several walks and pretty much did what I wanted when I wanted. I got some extra rest, extra sunshine and a lot of reprieve. Happiness is pretty simple for me and I filled up my cup. I feel much more in balance and ready to face the challenges of life.

I also did some soul searching during my time off and I realize as life will be quite busy for me through this summer I have to draw boundaries so that stress does not spiral out of control. I am continually challenged with drawing boundaries and the confidence to voice my opinion. I'm learning to embrace these challenges and using my voice. The next couple of months will bring some excitement and change into my life and at the same time I've decided it will be best for me to take a few months off from writing my blog until I feel I've regained the capacity to write helpful and inspiring posts once again for my followers. I appreciate your support and understanding during this break. I know that I will have so much to share with you when I return. I've never taken a break of this length from writing. Please stay tuned for my return and have an awesome summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment