Sunday, February 28, 2016

Spring Chicken



THE GOAL!!

I’ve recently started to condition for climbing a 14-er in the early fall. I haven’t climbed a 14-er since my 20s. I have to admit that I’m a bit nervous, but I know I can do it. I know that in some ways this training will push me to my limits as I’m no Spring chicken, but I also know that that when I reach my goal it will be rewarding in so many ways. More than aches and pains I am most worried about my lung capacity, so I will have to work at increasing my lung capacity over the next several months. The thing that is most amazing about this is that in years past this would not have even been a consideration with my health status. I’m thrilled that I’m able to make this a goal. 


Not only am I looking forward to the climb, but also to Spring, which is just around the corner and it is that time when we crave the newness of Spring and yet how quickly we forget that Winter is what balances out the crazy hectic pace of life. It is a time to rest, relax and repair before life becomes busy and on the go. It is a time to look inward and as that comes to a close, I can honestly say I’ve have accomplished a fair amount of personal and professional growth in the past year.

Do you have health and wellness goals? These goals are important to being and staying well, so here is to your wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment