Saturday, September 13, 2014

Seasons of Change - What Are You Grateful For?

As we are closing in on the end of this year, I cannot help but think that this was a year I had such high hopes for and though there have been good things this year is has been a year full of challenges and a sprinkle of turmoil, but there in lies where growth happens. Who knew I'd still be growing in my ripe age... Ah, and this is my birth month no less. This month marks many memories, good and bad. September is also when my grandfather and my sister were born. I have fond memories of the three of us sharing our birthdays together while growing up. Birthdays seem far less special as we age, but not any less important. I'm grateful for so many things and I have high hopes for what the future holds. That said, we all experience pain to different degrees. Today I am reflecting on the past year as this is a day we had to make the tough decision to relinquish our baby Elsa to a wonderful no-kill shelter that specializes in Special needs dogs like Elsa. We came to the conclusion that we were just not equipped to care for her properly -- emotionally, mentally, physically and financially. She is in a place where her needs will properly be met and they will help her to get well and once she is better then they will adopt her to the right family. It was a tough decision, but it was the right one. We will miss her. I feel good knowing that we a saved her life and I think we were meant to be a stopping point for her to live through the meningitis and get her stable enough. I know she'll go to a wonderful family once she is well. She deserves a good life and I know she will get that. MaxFund is a very special place that is often a last resort for animals that need them the most. Kudos to MaxFund and we'll be volunteering there real soon. Ah, and this also marks nearly 1 year since Jack passed. My sweet 12 year old Dre has been through two losses now, but he's a real trooper and seems to be hanging in there. I'm sure it won't be long before he realizes that he's getting all the attention and that we will spoil him. I've dealt with health issues, job instability, no being able to go back to school as planned, sick dogs, crazy unexpected expenses, the floods and so much more in the past year, and yet I am so grateful we were blessed to have little Elsa grace us with her presence as part of our family even if it was only for 6 months. I'm grateful we still have Dre. I'm grateful to be making good progress with my new doctor (though not without its challenges), I'm grateful to have job prospects and people that reach out to me, I'm grateful for my family that came to visit and for my dear sweet hubby. I'm grateful his practice is growing and grateful I have a passion to help others through health and wellness coaching. I have plans for the future, but have learned to remain as relaxed and easy going as possible because life throws you curve balls from time to time that can hit you on the side of the head when you least expect it. I'm here to soldier on and I will leave this world a better place than I found it. That seems to be the biggest goal I have in life and it is achievable with small gestures and by taking baby steps. I've learned to take things in stride. I've learned to experience my pain for what it is and not to fight it, but also not to wallow in it. 
I feel it...
I learn...
I get back up on my feet...
I move on...

Happy Fall!
It has been a challenging year, but  I've learned so much. I embrace those lessons and take them with me.  As we enter my favorite season, Fall, I will be looking ahead with hope, yet living in every moment. 

I'll keep you posted on my progress with chelation and progesterone and anything that changes with my protocol. For sure there are still kinks to be worked out, but all in all seem to be on the path.

What are you grateful for?

Peace out my peeps! I hope you read this in good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment