Sunday, June 1, 2014

New Doctor and My Plea for Help


YAY for wonderful doctors! I know that it is early to tell or judge, but I’m so happy with my new  doctor. I flew to Seattle to meet her for my first appointment. It was a beautiful 70 degree day in May. She is so smart and her ideas make so much sense to me. Though it has been a very expensive month, I think it will prove to be well worth it. I’m so thrilled that she sees the genetic piece as very key to my improvement. That is the way I see it too.  I’m so excited to keep you posted on my progress and will share protocols once I have a better understanding of how everything is playing out. There is one thing that my readers may be able to help me with. 
On a side note, my new doc would like me to take a specific probiotic that could really help me to improve the only thing is that it is not available in the US. It can only be purchased with a Canadian, Australian or German address. ANYONE willing to help? I will pay. Please contact me at Hashi.Madness@gmail.com
This probiotic could potentially make a huge difference in my life. I'd be eternally grateful to anyone willing to help out.

Our sweet baby Elsa...Zzzzzzz

We’ve had unexpected expenses with our new puppy, Elsa as she is turning out to be a special needs puppy with a lowered immune system (she had Demodox, UTI, and now Pyroderma and Spay Incontinence). Of course she is my dog. We love her and she is part of the family and we’ll get this all figured out and manageable, but in the mean time it has been some sleepless nights and a fair amount of frustration. I hope my adrenals don't fry. I know we’ll eventually be able to look back at this as a blip on the screen and she is going to turn out to be a great doggie.  Our other dog really loves her, though she really wears him out at times. He is 12, so he needs a bit a of a break from the crazy puppy from time to time, but all in all he is attached to her. We'll be getting her some acupuncture and Chinese herbs once she gets over her latest hiccup with Pyroderma.
So back to wonderful doctors and the debate of younger vs older doctors. Both have their pluses and minuses. I had been thinking… most of my doctors tend to be younger (30s/40s ish) and I have to say this, even though they don’t necessarily have the years of experience that older docs typically have, they typically have a fire in their belly and the drive to get to the root of things. If something doesn’t work they always seem to have a Plan B or they are willing to come up with one. This is not to say that there are not older docs out there how have the same fire in their belly. When you have a complicated chronic illness it is so important to have doctors who are willing and able to venture into uncharted territory even if it is a little uncomfortable. It can make all the difference in the world. I’m not saying that older docs don’t do this, but I think most err on the side of tried and true, but that doesn’t work for every patient, hence why I believe more and more that the genetic piece is so important especially the role it plays in chronic illness.  Okay, I’ll get off my soap box now and hopefully I haven’t offended anyone. I think both doctors young and old play a very important role. I feel fortunate to have the wonderful team of practitioners that I have.
I’ll be on vacation this week in Mission Bay. YAY! Cannot wait to tell you about it. I need some time to relax as May has been a very hectic month. Wishing you all a wonderful Spring and a great beginning to Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment